Subject: -current, Gfx Card, C=1950, and X11R6
To: None <amiga-x@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rafael Munoz <zonum@shadow.net>
List: amiga-x
Date: 07/17/1995 21:32:46
Hi all!

Just over the weekend, I finally got the -current (July 2, 1995) build
going on my Picasso-II equipped A3000 and a C=1950 monitor.  All is
"working" including the CIRRUS console.  And I have actually gotten X
running on a 800x600x256 screen.  However, this took a lot of playing
around with the knob controls of the C=1950 monitor (I know it is not the
best of monitors, but I cannot afford to get a better one now).  When I
start the X, using startx I get a request (menu) to make a selection for
which graphics mode I want, and I have selected #3 (this is the same file
that came with the cirrurs-current.tar.gz archive, without change).

Anyway, what I am looking for, is for anyone who is using a C=1950 monitor
to provide me their setup (/etc/grfmodes file) that works all of the time.
What I mean by this is that in getting to work it take a lot of me playing
around with the monitor's knobs because the screen is scrolling up and down
(I see the fvwm through all of this), and the screen is really narrow.
Anyway, I figured that the monitor is NOT syncing correctly so info on this
will be appreciated, specially on how to set the entries for each screen
definition ( the formulas to use, etc).  This is the last thing (as far as
I know so far), that needs fixing for me and any help will be appreciated!
Thanks!

P.S. - Yes, I have gotten X to work, and it works GREAT!, I have even
connected to my Internet provider and have ran NCSA Mosaic and Arena, etc,
using fvwm as my window manager.  Thanks again!

Rafael
(zonum@shadow.net)