Subject: Re: compiling X11R6
To: John Vrolijk <dsnjvro@etmsun.etm.ericsson.se>
From: Donn Cave <donn@u.washington.edu>
List: amiga-x
Date: 05/08/1995 09:01:40
Quoth John Vrolijk:
| I've been trying to compile X11R6, but I get these
| corrupted Makefiles again. The same that happened when
| I tried to compile X11R5.
| I ended up with a makefile that was somewhere like 34MB in size.
| It had lots of @@ in it and the top of the file was completely
| messed up.

Sounds like it would be the 64-bit st_size in imake.  You need to apply
the fix-04 source patch from the X Consortium.  I find them at
ftp.crl.research.digital.com, but there surely would be sites closer
to home for you.

There are other good things in the source patches, of which there are no
less than 10 at this time.  For example, in fix-06 the damned declaration
of sys_errlist is replaced with a strerror().

	donn@cac.washington.edu