Subject: Emacs and the '@' character
To: None <amiga-x@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ralph Seichter <ZODIAC@darkness.gun.de>
List: amiga-x
Date: 04/27/1995 11:34:40
After probing a bunch of docs and FAQ lists, I still can't find an answer
to my question, so I decided to ask you. I installed NetBSD 1.0, X11R6 and
Emacs 19.28 from the "Meeting Pearls II" CDROM, and almost everything is
quite satisfactory.

However, there doesn't seem to be a way to enter an '@' character in Emacs.
I'm using xmodmap and the German keymap, and in xterm windows I can get the
at-sign by pressing Alt-2. In the Emacs X-window, Alt-2 doesn't produce
anything, the same goes for Alt-Shift-2. I think I am missing something
obvious, but to my shame I can't figure it out myself. Do you have any
suggestions?

Oh, one more thing: When I execute 'emacs -nw' in a xterm window, I can't
use Ctrl-Blank to set the Emacs mark. Maybe there's a connection?

	MfG,	Ralph
--
"Luposlipaphobia: The fear of being pursued by timber wolves around
  a kitchen table while wearing socks on a newly waxed floor." (GL)