Subject: Terminal for X11R6 ?
To: None <amiga-x@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Joel Erickson <jerickso@vogon.islandnet.com>
List: amiga-x
Date: 03/28/1995 11:40:50
I am running (well, will be running after I finish sz'ing the
distribution) X11R6 on my Amiga NetBSD (1.0, soon to be -current)
system.

I'd like to know where I can look for a terminal program for X (ie.
I'd like to be able to dialout to my internet provider, ftp stuff
and sz it directly into NetBSD rather than having to do all my
terminal operations from the AmigaDOS side).

Finally, I can't run startx without first su'ing to root.

I get an error implying that my account isn't sufficiently
priviledged to muck about with /dev/kbd. (I'm running from
an account with uid:666 and gid:0 which is a member of the
group "wheel")

Sorry, I'm new to administering UNIX.

--
Joel Erickson (A4000UX/040/10MB/620HD)