Subject: Xcl
To: None <amiga-x@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ron Menelli <rmenelli@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
List: amiga-x
Date: 03/08/1995 20:59:09
Hello,

At long last I'm running X under NetBSD! Many thanks to everyone who has made
this possible.

Now, I have another question for you all... Since I have a Spectrum, I'd like
to use Xcl. Xamiga24 works fine for me, but it's a little slow. I was hoping
that Xcl would perform better due to the use of the Cirrus blitter. When I
use Xcl, I get to the point where the X cursor and gray background appear,
then the machine appears to lock up and odd noises come out of the audio
device (no kidding!).

The only difference between a working setup and a non working one is whether
X is linked to Xamiga24 or Xcl, respectively. The working setup is:
NetBSD-snapshot, current kernel compiled with ezy-cirrus, fvwm running on
an A3000T/040 (Warp Engine) with 16M fast and a Spectrum board.

Has anyone seen this problem? Does anyone have suggestions on how to make Xcl
work?

Thanks,
-Ron Menelli
menelli@uiuc.edu