Subject: Xamiga24 vs. XamigaRetina
To: None <amiga-x@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stephen Champion <steve@herb.kuru.com>
List: amiga-x
Date: 03/03/1995 09:49:55
	I'm quite happily using XamigaRetina at 1152x900x8 these days, but I
am wondering exactly what both it and Xamiga24 are capable of - ie, what
each is good at.  Both for my own usage and for helping other people.

	I know that Xamiga24 works on Retina Z3 and cirrus based boards,
and that XamigaRetina works on the Retina Z2, and that XamigaRetina only
supports 8 bitplanes, while Xamiga24 supports 8/16/24 on the Retina Z3
and 8 on other boards.

	But, does XamigaRetina work on the RetinaZ3, if so, does it take
advantage of the blitter?

	Does Xamiga24 work on the RetinaZ2, if so, does it support 16 and
24 bit modes on the Z2, as it does on the Z3?

	Do they both use the grf interface?  If Xamiga24 does, how does
it handle the Cirrus boards?

	Visual types do each support?

	I'd really appreciate some clarification of the differences
between these two.  And an opportunity to thank the people who have been
working on them!

--
//  Stephen Champion                   Amiga 3000/25    NetBSD 1.0
//  schampion@hampshire.edu            Binary Arithmetic Student