Subject: Announcement and a question
To: None <amiga-x@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Todd Masco <cactus@hks.net>
List: amiga-x
Date: 02/19/1995 01:34:56
First, I've compiled the latest version of Arena (0.95b), put into
package tarball form, and placed it at

	ftp://ftp.hks.net/NetBSD-Amiga/arena-0.95b.tgz

Among its advantages over 0.94a is that it can handle inlined jpegs.

The arena page can be found at:

	http://www.w3.org/hypertext/WWW/Arena/0.95

Now, my question:

	I'm trying to get my Retina Z3 working with Xamiga24 with no
luck.  I'm running a 1.0 release kernel with no mods -- when I hook up
a monitor to both outputs (amiga and Retina), the amiga monitor shows
an X background display and the retina displays nothing... the cursor
appears over the amiga display but windows do not pop up there.

	Is there something critical that I'm missing, or should I simply
continue monkeying with different modes in grf_rh.c?  I tried this briefly
before, but at that time my monitor couldn't handle any high refresh
rates.  Now that I got a newer one, I'd really love to see how arena is
in color!

	Thanks for any help,
--
Todd Masco     | "Schooling serves to reduce the risk of being eaten."
cactus@hks.net |                           - Scientific American, June, 1982