Subject: Re: X on a Retina-Z3
To: Jim Alexander <jma@cse.ucsc.edu>
From: None <mw@eunet.ch>
List: amiga-x
Date: 02/02/1995 09:20:18
> The '-mode num' option to the X server doesn't do anything on my
> machine and I presume it's because I don't run -current - I'm
> using the 1.0 kernel sources.  I would be very interested in
> a pointer to 1.0 diffs for Retina Z3 relevant changes.  If these

Get ftp.eunet.ch:/pub/amigabsd/incoming/mw-1.0a-941229-diffs.gz (not
the newer one), this one should work with 1.0. Ungzip, and edit the
diffs throwing out changes you don't want (don't throw out anything
containing 'grf' in the name..). Then apply. Should fix:
- 32x32 bit sprite
- setting videomode (-mode parameter to Xamiga24)
- enables you to set memory refresh clock for Retina board via config
  option or binpatch

> To users/developers of -current kernel sources - have there been any
> changes since 1.0 that will force me to recompile binaries other
> than the kernel?  I've only got kernel sources.

I think there were some changes in adosfs that might require you get a new
sbin/mount_adosfs, since I don't use it, I don't know for sure.

-Markus
--
EUnet Switzerland   Tel:     +41 1 291 45 80	Markus Wild
Zweierstrasse 35    Hotline: +41 1 291 45 60	mw@eunet.ch