Subject: Re: Spectrum drivers?
To: Alan Bair <abair@amcu-tx.sps.mot.com>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga-x
Date: 01/14/1995 08:26:12
On Jan 13, 10:43pm, Alan Bair wrote:
> Subject: Spectrum drivers?
> I know the Cirrus Logic graphics chip drivers have been released in alpha
> status, but I have not read much about how it is working with the various
> cards. I'm again considering the purchase of either the Picasso II or
> Spectrum card. I have a Rev 6 Buster, which in the postings I have read in
> the various amiga Newgroups, sounds like it could have problems with the
> ADOS software. I would like to know if these problems will also show up
> under NetBSD or are they specific to the ADOS code? Any comments on the
> speed of these boards in regards to Zorro II vs. III?

 We're just having a, hm, major event, an Amiga conferences with about 150
ppls attending :-) Among them about 10 to 20 NetBSD-Amiga freaks. To make
it short: Klaus Burckert (Mr. Picasso himself), Markus Wild and me are
working on some sort of specs for a grfbus. Regarding Cirrus: We are
about to check why some Amiga configs refuse to wrok with the current driver.

--
Markus Illenseer