Subject: Re: X11R6 color server?
To: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
From: 'Most Excellent' Eric Mehlhaff <mehlhaff@crl.com>
List: amiga-x
Date: 11/28/1994 16:07:25
Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se> recently wrote:

>Ulf> 2) Can you emulate a 3 button mouse on a 2 button mouse in X11?
>
>I have a simple patch to do this, but it's quite bad as it requires
>your fingers to be very precisely timed.  Anyway it's useful for me
>even if I sometimes have to try twice or even three times to get
>desired behaviour.  If noone else shows up with a smarter solution
>I'll happily provide this kludge for anyone who wants it.

Is this by any chance the same as the HP300 netbsd's Xserver, where you
press both mouse buttons at the same time to generate a midle-mousebutton
event?  For the short time I've had X working on my hp350, that's seemed
like a reasonable solution to the two-button-mouse problem.

 Eric Mehlhaff, mehlhaff@crl.com