Subject: Re: new spectrum-kernel :-(
To: Michael Illgner <fillg1@pbhrzs0.uni-paderborn.de>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga-x
Date: 11/21/1994 12:30:18
On Nov 21,  8:48am, Michael Illgner wrote:
> There are still some problems while 'talking' to the Special-Function-Register
> on the GFX-Cards Piccolo and Spectrum. I've tried inserting some Delay()'s,
> this seems to work on the Piccolo, but appearently not on the Spectrum.
> I hope to see Markus the next weekend, so we can do some debugging.

 Definetally we need some machines with Picasso, Spectrum and Piccolo
in the same room - and we have next weekend :-)

 As Klaus Burkert (Mr. Picasso) and Frank Neumann (Piccolo-involved) are
coming, too, i expect some problems will hopefully vanish soon.

 I would like to discuss the following matter:

 Currently it is impossible (is it?) to configure the kernel in a way
that both, Picasso (Z2) and Piccolo/Spectrum (Z3) can be compiled at the
same time.

 I would hence like to divide the device driver into a Z2-only and Z3-only
grfcl-bus.

 Also i would like to add multiple-boards support, so that one can have
more than one board in one machine. For this i need more information
about how to access/make availabl to specific devices such as grfx. It should
function the way the SCSI-devices are recognized.

--
Markus Illenseer