Subject: Re: Cirrus driver (Was: Re: PicassoII)
To: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
From: Bernd Ernesti <erbe0011@FH-Karlsruhe.DE>
List: amiga-x
Date: 10/24/1994 20:07:33
Markus Illenseer writes:

>On Oct 23,  7:04pm, michel beausejour wrote:
>>     This afternoon when i started my Amiga i didn't have the workbench on
>> a Picasso mode, it was set in the prefs as NTSC hires interlaced.Twice i reboot
>> (starting Amigados and after that launching NetBSD) and started the Xserver and
>> both times i end up with a white screen .The third time i set a Picasso mode
>> (800x600) in the prefs and reboot that time when i started the xserver it worked
>> (screen with garbage first,second ,root tile with X,the applications showed up)

Sorry, your original answer to this mail goes down the rhine :) after the /var
filesystem was full :(

I had the same problem when I installed NetBSD on another system: an A3000 with
8MB RAM.
The Xserver starts and a white screens comes up and the HD LED shows some
activities, but after 3 Minutes we gave it up and reboot but that doesn't
help :(

The same Xamiga24 Server works fine on my A4000/040.

Bernd