Subject: Re: Unreasonable X probs
To: None <cgd@alpha.bostic.com>
From: Karl Ivar Dahl <karld@ifi.uio.no>
List: amiga-x
Date: 10/14/1994 14:37:58
>a name like "Xamiga*" is a _lot_ better than "Xbsd*" because, in
>general, Amiga binaries should be able to run on the mac, da30, and
>sun3, and (with perhaps a little bit of work) the hp300.
>
>your X server, however, will only run on amigas (and, i guess, a
>subset of those)...  8-)

Well, I have tried to run some sun3 binaries, and it dod not work.
Guenther Grau suggested that the kernel I am running did not have
the sun-os-compatibility enabled.
I have tried the a3000 and Generic kernels. Is there a kernel that
has this mode enabeled?
I would really appreciate it, because then I could do my compiling
on my univerity's unlimited diskspace :)
Maybe I can compile the kernel (with sun3 support) on a sun3 too??

While I am at it, does anyone know if I can do some "cross compiling"
That is, run the compiler on the Sun4 server, and produce sun 3
binaries?

That way, I could use my univerity's unlimithed CPUpower too :) :)

--
Cheers,
Karl Ivar Dahl    (____)