Subject: Re: Unreasonable X probs
To: Andy Heffernan <ahh@netcom.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@alpha.bostic.com>
List: amiga-x
Date: 10/13/1994 23:57:36
> I also should point out that the server I plan to call XamigaECS16
> would incorporate the code from Olivier I-can't-remember-his-name-
> right-now (aka one of our "French friends").  I guess he called it
> XbsdCC4, but there was some confusion on that score.  Anyway, it's
> not my code and I'm not taking any credit for it.

random (just to stick my nose in... 8-):

a name like "Xamiga*" is a _lot_ better than "Xbsd*" because, in
general, Amiga binaries should be able to run on the mac, da30, and
sun3, and (with perhaps a little bit of work) the hp300.

your X server, however, will only run on amigas (and, i guess, a
subset of those)...  8-)

chris