Subject: Graphics boards...
To: None <amiga-x@netbsd.org>
From: H}kan Th|rngren <hth@iar.se>
List: amiga-x
Date: 10/12/1994 10:07:10
I am not using NetBSD at the moment, but I have tried it out twice
earlier.  I went back to plain Amiga for a couple of reasons, I had
a hard getting NetBSD running 100% well, and I didn't like the plain
X display (Xmono).  With the efforts being made at the moment it seems
that the first problem will be solved soon.

At the moment I consider getting back to NetBSD, but I really have to
get a graphics board.  I went to my local dealer who offered Picasso II,
but he claimed that it could not do 1280x1024 non-interlaced, I would
have to get a Retina in that case.  Is this true?
BTW, will a 17" monitor be too small for 1280x1024?  I am used to a
19" monitor at work.

I rather get the Picasso II since it appears to have more problem free
software on the Amiga side, which I might use from time to time.

	/H{\aa}kan

--
Use MS-Windows every morning and nothing worse will happen to you all day.
email: hth@iar.se