Subject: Re: bankeddev for Retina?
To: David C Greene <DCG9367@tntech.edu>
From: None <chopps@emunix.emich.edu>
List: amiga-x
Date: 09/22/1994 03:15:28
> Is banked device support still in 1.0, if so, where can I get the
> bankeddev.h file?  has anyone gotten MW's server to run under 1.0 yet?

Oh BTW the reason its needed I suspect is that the retina Z3 is
addresses as a flat memory device unlike the Z2 which uses banks
of 64k.  The BANKEDDEV code faulted the correct bank in.  The problem
is that the code is usuall much slower.  Consider drawing a circle.

On a banked system you would optimize by drawing only once per bank
however on a flat system you just do the fastest algorithm.  The
later gererally causes many faults/banks switches as I understand it.

Chris.