Subject: Re: X, Console, & ttys
To: Rudolf Neuhaus <rudy@dorn.ping.de>
From: Andy Heffernan <ahh@netcom.com>
List: amiga-x
Date: 06/14/1994 19:28:26
> > I can stand that, but my xterms do not create entrys in utmp or wtmp
> > (I don't know which one it is supposed to use). That means that when I
> > run X noone can 'talk' me. Is this a thing easy to fix?
> > When logging in over the net I get a normal pseudo tty. Everything works
> > fine then...
>
> This still does not work though. Markus said, I should compile xterm again.
> Has anyone done that? I dont have all the Configuration stuff for Imake...

What X code are you running?  The stuff I put together (the *01May94*
stuff) seems to work OK with utmp:

(moji:/home/ahh)$ w
 7:19pm  up 23:35,  3 users,  load average: 0.84, 0.37, 0.17
USER    TTY FROM              LOGIN@  IDLE WHAT
root     co -                 Mon7pm     1 -
ahh      p0 :0.0              7:19pm     - (bash)
ahh      p1 :0.0              7:19pm     - w