Subject: Re: Color X
To: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga-x
Date: 04/16/1994 19:21:35
On Apr 16,  1:51pm, Niklas Hallqvist wrote:
> The problem that can occur are if you recompile X clients with old
> X libraries, but new OS includes/libs.  There should be no problem
> if you arrange to use the old includes/libs when compiling X clients.

 I will have that in mind.. Let's see.

> Markus> Apr 15 13:54:21 tiger /netbsd: grf2: 0 x 0 0 color Picasso2 display
> Markus> Apr 15 13:54:21 tiger /netbsd: grf2  [2167/11]
>
> Are there any plans to extend the resolution & depth :-)

 No, not at all :-) I love that 0x0 display :-)
 Well, currently init_pi() returns -1 and thus the picasso-board is recognized
but fails to initialize - i guess i should start coding init_pi() :-) - and
ite switches over to grf0 as console (ECS).

> Well, realistically, when do you hope to have an alpha version.  I may
> buy a graphics board sometime this year, and have so far only looked at
> the Retina.  If you think this server will be ready soon, I might check

 Well, i got a cheap Picasso - and there is a very stable X server for
Amix available already... Why not combining this?

 Is there a guide for 'how to write grf-devices' or 'how to write a
NetBSd-device' available somewhere (no, i don't intend to buy a book...)?

--
Markus Illenseer