Subject: Re: Color X
To: None <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga-x
Date: 04/16/1994 10:33:35
>>>>> "Markus" == Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> writes:

Markus> On Apr 15, 7:38pm, David Jones wrote:
>> Subject: Color X What's the story with X?
>>
>> I thought you couldn't run X on the 64-bit off_t kernels.  Yet,
>> Xmono runs quite well.

Markus>  I think it was mentioned that non-off_t binaries work still
Markus> continue to work on a new off_t-kernel. Does this explain
Markus> something? Anyway, i hope to make a new release of my X
Markus> binaries frm within next week (when i get my CD-ROM .-)

The problem that can occur are if you recompile X clients with old
X libraries, but new OS includes/libs.  There should be no problem
if you arrange to use the old includes/libs when compiling X clients.

Markus> Apr 15 13:54:21 tiger /netbsd: grf2: 0 x 0 0 color Picasso2 display
Markus> Apr 15 13:54:21 tiger /netbsd: grf2  [2167/11]

Are there any plans to extend the resolution & depth :-)

Well, realistically, when do you hope to have an alpha version.  I may
buy a graphics board sometime this year, and have so far only looked at
the Retina.  If you think this server will be ready soon, I might check
the Picasso out as well.  Yes, I know, I'm not that fast releasing packages
myself, remember ADOSFS?  Speaking of which,  CGD has made an elegant
system handling unknown VFSs, so the ADOSFS LKM will soon be able to run
on generic binary kernels (i.e. when COMPAT_09 are dropped from the
GENERIC kernel, and I've released a small patch).

Niklas