Subject: Re: New X bins for "off_t" kernels
To: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
From: None <rhealey@aggregate.com>
List: amiga-x
Date: 04/10/1994 17:57:27
> On Apr 10, 12:39am, rhealey@aggregate.com wrote:
> > Subject: New X bins for "off_t" kernels
> >
> > 	Is anybody going to cut new versions of the X binarys for the
> > 	new kernels with 64 bit off_t's and 32 bit uid/gid? I'm especially
> > 	interested in new versions of the libes, Xmono and xmosaic...
>
>  I guess i'd rather wait for R6 (due to 21. April) :-)

	R6 won't do us squat bit of good as only the x86 stuff would be
	in it. It will take a while to port. Meanwhile, anybody who
	upgrades to -current now will lose all X support. B^(. X uses
	alot of the OS effected by off_t and uid/gid stuff; hell, the
	C library alone has gone from 1 to 9 since the last binaries
	were cut. B^(.

	While I think R6 will be C0OL, we need new binaries to hold us
	until Amiga versions of R6 server's can be done.

		-Rob