Subject: Re: XRetina Difficulties. Please help.
To: None <amiga-x@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: olivier lahaye <lahaye_o@epita.fr>
List: amiga-x
Date: 03/16/1994 21:02:26
> It seems that the mode which XRetina defaults to will not
> display on my monitor.  Is there some way to change the screenmode?

If you un the v1.1 of the server, you just have to
look at the file /usr/lib/X11/Xconfig.
then if you look at it carefully, you'll notice that it's a RetinaDefineMonitor File
(Be carefull, it's for 8bits display only, For the next borad, I'll
look for differents depth support.)

the default mode is:
1024x768x8bits at 80Hz refresh rate.

As I didn't have any programming guide for the retina chipset (exept
a file describing the registers contents, I was unble to
                                                unable
to make a 16 color port. sorry.
I don't know how to use the VDAC, so 16 and 24bits are not for now.

BUT For the Retina Z3 BLT, I'll ask for a NDA in order
to obtain the chipset doc.

note that if your resolution isn't supported by your monitor, you just have to
type this abort string (simultaneously at the same time whit one hand ;-) )
<CTRL><ALT><BACKSPACE>
and the server should quit.

Note:

For any RETINA X server (RETINA ONLY),
you should ask questions to me at the following address:

	olivier.lahaye@ramses.telesys-innov.fr
(I read every two days this adress)
lahaye_o@epita.fr is only read every 15 days.