Subject: Xami_rev0 server won't work
To: None <amiga-x@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: John Shardlow <john@iceberg.demon.co.uk>
List: amiga-x
Date: 03/02/1994 23:33:42
Hi NetBSD Amiga X people!

This is my first mail to this list although I have been reading
for some time now.

I have just installed the Xami_rev0 archive on my system. I have
a pretty stable NetBSD system on an A3000 using 720 kernel and
root fs.

I cannot start the Xserver as it complains of a broken pipe and the
message:

trapsignal ( 317, 11, 562695176, 218a0c08, 1402e )

appears on the console.

I have also tried the Xamiga server from the incoming directory
on ftp.eunet.ch but this also doesn't work for me. It complains
that it cannot find RGB_DB even though I have put a link in
so that it should find it.

Can anyone help me ?

BTW, the xterm client program under /usr/X11R5/Amiga/bin works
fine as I have used this to X-serve an xterm from the A3000 (NetBSD)
to my A1200 which is running the DaggeX server on AmigaOS and
AmiTCP !!!

Any help much appreciated,

John

! John Shardlow                 | "I seem to be having     !
! john@iceberg.demon.co.uk      |  tremendous difficulty   !
! jshardlow@micrognosis.co.uk   |  with my lifestyle"      !
!                               |    - Arthur Dent         !