Subject: Re: tcl/tk on Amiga-NetBSD X11R5
To: None <amiga-x@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga-x
Date: 02/23/1994 21:09:14
On Feb 22,  4:36pm, "Andreas E. Heitmann" wrote:
> I compiled tcl/tk and XF and didn't observe the problem you have. All
> Strings are drawn correctly. I'm using the Retina X-server in the 256
> color mode.

 That's what i thought, the X server is the bugger.

 It seems to me that the Xmono X server tries to map all colors to
 black and white, and somewhere it still believes it is a color server.

> But with Tcl/Tk another problem showed up: when Tcl/Tk wants to lookup
> a color from the color database, only color names which are completely
> lowercase are recognized. Color names with uppercase letters are
> "unknown" and give me an error message. Is this a bug in my color DB,
> or a bug in the server ?

 I thibk this is a bug in your database. try out 'XRainBow' or 'xcolor'
 to check (can both be found on your loveable ftp server).

--
Markus Illenseer