Subject: WTF?! New SCSI in current sup broke all Amiga drivers?
To: None <amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Healey <rhealey@aca.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 12/31/1994 20:33:01
	With the new high level SCSI code in the kernel it appears alot of the
	defines and routines changed such that Amiga low level drivers
	can no longer speak to the higher level SCSI routines. This is with
	the Dec. 30 sup of current.

	Has anybody been able to compile and get the low level Amiga SCSI
	drivers to work with the new high level -current SCSI interface code?

	I changed the define's in sbic.c and dropped out some now gone
	fields in structures in ahsc.c so they compile fine but when you
	try to boot the kernel it can't find a suitable root and it doesn't
	appear to even be trying to use the SCSI driver?!

	Michel H., do you know what's up here?

	Also, some of the flag #define changes in sbic.c looked dubious,
	SCSI_NOMASK to SCSI_POLL and SCSI_ERR_OK to SCSI_IGNORE_MEDIA_CHANGE.
	The second one looks REAL dubious but it is the same hex value in
	the same flags field...

	Also, I had to drop off the sbic_adinfo vector from the ahsc_switch
	structure in ahsc.c because struct scsi_adapter no longer has the
	last two fields the ahsc driver is currently written to use. B^(.

		Mumble, grumble,

		-Rob

p.s.
	This is the onboard A3000 SCSI controller code in -current.