Subject: Re: 1.0 Release
To: None <amiga-dev@netbsd.org>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 12/08/1994 10:25:22
On Dec  8, 11:56am, chammer@hrz.uni-bielefeld.de wrote:
> 	- disklabel -r /dev/rsd* does not give any information back
> 	  i remember once it was working. Why is the error not
> 	  only a warning? When i want to examine the partitions
> 	  on netbsd i have to do disklabel -e /dev/rsd*, seems
> 	  not to be very nice to me?!
>  	  Is there a special command to list the partitions?

  Since I have always done just "disklabel /dev/rsd0c", I never had any
problems.  I also recently found out that I can also do "disklabel sd0"
and get the same thing.

  The -r option tells disklabel to read the disk label off the disk.  The
Amiga port does not have a true disklabel on disk, so the command is going
to fail.  Don't specify the -r option;  disklabel will then use the
in-core copy of the disk label which is created from the RDB blocks on the
disk.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu