Subject: Re: 1.0 Release
To: None <chammer@HRZ.Uni-Bielefeld.DE, amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 12/08/1994 13:52:55
On Dec 8, 11:56am, chammer@HRZ.Uni-Bielefeld.DE wrote:
> Thank you all for the work, it works nice.Only
> 	- disklabel -r /dev/rsd* does not give any information back
> 	  i remember once it was working. Why is the error not
> 	  only a warning? When i want to examine the partitions
> 	  on netbsd i have to do disklabel -e /dev/rsd*, seems
> 	  not to be very nice to me?!
>  	  Is there a special command to list the partitions?

 disklabel sd0 works fine for me.

> 	- I still get this annoying key repeat error...
> 	  this means when accessing a scsi device and at the same
> 	  time typing something in the keyboard sometimes a key
>  	  repeats without pressing it. Is this a X-problem or the
> 	  buggy scsi driver?

 This is nor and neither :-) It's more a problem of the SCSI driver, but
it has noting to do with 'buggy' - missing feature is the better word
i believe. Anyway, i never encountered this problem yet, only when i access
the DAT-tape.

> PS: I wonder why Markus Wild, who has done the initial port of NetBSD
> for Amiga and alot of more isnt even mentioned in the INSTALL file.

 Yes, i've been wondering about that, too. I believe that quite a lot of
people deserved to be mentioned there...

--
Markus Illenseer