Subject: audio driver.
To: None <amiga-dev@netbsd.org>
From: Timothy Newsham <newsham@wiliki.eng.hawaii.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 12/06/1994 15:48:37
Hi,
  I have a working audio driver for NetBSD-Amiga now.  It supports several
format samples (mu-law, signed and unsigned) and currently supports
a subset of the sun ioctl()'s that are supported by the i386 driver.
Its currently implemented as an LKM but requires a small patch to
the kernel to hook itself in.  It cooperates with the existing audio
support (ie. ite bell) and takes priority over the play_sample() function.

  The device needs testing and probably some refinement now.  I would
like to put it up for ftp for others to test out, give suggestions,
etc.  Where is a good place to put it?
Btw.  this project is low on my priority list so if others want
to jump in and work on it too, thats fine.

                                 Tim N.