Subject: Re: questions...
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@lagavulin.pdl.cs.cmu.edu>
From: None <camattin@unity.ncsu.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 12/03/1994 20:18:01
> > When libc.so.12.0 got done, anything I tried to run that was dynamically
> > linked would complain about '_semsys' being undefined.
> >
> > What is this semsys?  I found the .c files that called it, and simply
> > changed the 'return (semsys(blah blah));' with just a return(0)
> > and all is almost alright.
>
> that's odd.  semsys() was an internally-used function that was
> recently removed.  no user programs should have used it directly
> (instead, they should have been using stub functions that called it),
> and there should be no functions remaining in libc which use it (i.e.
> those stub functions have now been replaced with ones that work
> differently).
>
> _all_ dynamically linked programs complain about it?!  could you find
> out what objects in your libc use it, and tell me which they are?

Yes ... all of them complained about it.

crazytrain% grep semsys /local/src/lib/libc/gen/*.c
/local/src/lib/libc/gen/semconfig.c:/*  return (semsys(3, cmd, p1, p2, p3)); */
/local/src/lib/libc/gen/semctl.c:/*     return (semsys(0, semid, semnum, cmd, &semun)); */
/local/src/lib/libc/gen/semget.c:/*     return (semsys(1, key, nsems, semflg)); */
/local/src/lib/libc/gen/semop.c:/*      return (semsys(2, semid, sops, nsops, 0)); */

Obviously the /* */ came from me..

-Chris

--
Chris Mattingly       | My views are not necessarily those of my employers
camattin@eos.ncsu.edu | Yes, this is a boring sig.  Bite me. :)