Subject: Re: videomode
To: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
From: None <mw@eunet.ch>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 10/28/1994 19:48:40
>  The tool in ../amiga/stand/videomode does not compile out of the box,
> there is at least one changement required:
>
>  #include <sys/device.h>

It's one of my hacks, and believe me, on *my* kernels it doesn't require
sys/device.h :-))

>  Anyway - what is this thing supposed to do? It didn't worked for me
> on grf0 or grf3...

Doesn't work on grf0 because the cc grf driver doesn't support switching
video-modes (someone care to implement this? Should only be some calls into
view-area I guess...). It should however work on grf3, or I'm pretty puzzled
how else you got Xamiga24 running on the picasso... Try:

  videomode -a

this should give you a listing of all video-modes the kernel knows about.
You can then switch to a new mode with, for example:

  videomode -s 3

Ciao,
-Markus
--
EUnet Switzerland   Tel:     +41 1 291 45 80	Markus Wild
Zweierstrasse 35    Hotline: +41 1 291 45 60	mw@eunet.ch