Subject: debugging
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: None <newsham@uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/17/1994 15:51:57
Ok..  debugging the kernel at early stages of booting up.  I'm
having problems with this.  Exactly how early can I use the
printf instruction?  These go to the console I assume (or do
they go to the serial line?).

I looked at rollcolor().  This looks like it should be callable
as soon as the base register is set up in amiga_init.c.  The
format is just rollcolor(0x0r0g0b); right?

I put some rollcolor statements in my kernel and it didn't hit
any of them (at least I got no color changes).  There was at least
one that was after the base register was set up and before my
modded code was hit so it should have reached at least that far.
(Although I did a rebuild without make'ing clean..  compiles
being as slow as they are on my box).

                                Tim N.