Subject: Re: Question about SPLs
To: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
From: Gregory Kritsch <gkritsch@sail.uwaterloo.ca>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/17/1994 14:06:39
> The correct thing to do, is to make this a LKM, loadable kernel module.
> Check /usr/share/lkm on how to do it.  I doubt this card of yours will
> never be a candidate for a serial console, so a LKM would be perfect.
> Let's see who gets there first, my LKM ADOSFS or your Supra LKM device :-)

I was thinking about that.  I agree completely that my Supra modem will
never be a viable console.  However, the GVP IOExtender card has two
serial ports which could use a slightly modified version of this driver
(very slight modifications - different offset in the card address space
and a different baud rate calculation).  I could definitely see wanting
to use that as a console.

Plus, I need to hook into ipl6, and I really don't think I can do that
from an LKM, since I had to add code to locore.s to get the in-kernel
version working.

> Niklas

Gregory