Subject: Re: Broken kernels?
To: Andy Heffernan <ahh@netcom.com>
From: Zik Saleeba <zik@aurora.cc.monash.edu.au>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/14/1994 10:11:43
Andy Heffernan said:

> > I thought it was self evident that if the kernel is dying inside
> > amiga_init.c, there is no available information from a panic.
>
> 	So, the screen clears and nothing else happens?  I've been having
> the same problems with my first try at sun-lamp sources.  I'm using gcc
> 2.5.6 (what was in the 720 binaries).  I still need to go through old
> messages to look for clues.

I've been having precisely the same problems with a fetch from Feb
28th. The screen goes blank and that's it.

Given how difficult it was to get the thing to compile at all I sort
of wonder how closely the source tree actually matches anything which
has actually compiled? I keep finding things like those default
BANKEDDEV options which lead off into lalaland and wondering if the
published source tree is just a hotch-potch of people's incomplete
patches. Can anyone elaborate on just how the source tree is updated?

|      zik@zikzak.apana.org.au      | "God is just the ultimate politician; |
|     zik@bruce.cs.monash.edu.au    |  like all politics you can't tell if  |
|            Zik Saleeba            |  the promises are true until it's     |
|                                   |  too late"                            |