Subject: Re: No "amiga" define in default compiler...
To: None <chopps@emunix.emich.edu>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/13/1994 11:47:14
>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Hopps <chopps@emunix.emich.edu> writes:
Chris> I guess my point is, why do applications need to know what
Chris> hardware they are running on?  Above and beyond an m68k
Chris> __NetBSD__ machine that is?

Let's say I'm cross-compiling for other OSs (which is what I want to do
eventually).  All that should be required is to change my PATH.  This
could well be done by putting different make binaries in every targets
tooldir, but really, isn't this ugly?  The compiler, or at least the
compiler-driver, needs this anyway, so there's no extra cost.

We're not living in a world where all SW is compiled on the HW it is
target for, you know.

Niklas