Subject: KernFS, AosFS and other problems.
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Arthur Hoffmann <hoffmann@it.ntu.edu.au>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/10/1994 23:02:05
Hi, all
I just set up my kernfs, procfs and fdesc and found a couple of
problems with kernfs.

The first thing when I boot up the machine I get an error saying:
kvm_mkdb: /vmunix: corrupted string table: Inappropriate file type or
format.
(actually I got that before I set up kernfs as well)

Anyway when I type ls -l /kern (this is where the kernfs is mounted) I
get a panic: vref used where vget required
hit any key to boot/dump.

Does anyone know what is wrong? procfs and fdsc seem to be ok.

I'm using the latest binaries from eunet and I sup'ed the latest
ksrc-amiga and ksrc-common today (10.03.1994) and did a new config
MY_MACHINE, make depend and make on it.

Another thing I compiled the AdosFS into my kernel and it doesn't work
either. disklabel shows the following:

bash# disklabel -r sd5
Bad pack magic number (label is damaged, or pack is unlabeled)
# /dev/rsd5a:
type: SCSI
disk: QUANTUM
label: some pack
flags:
bytes/sector: 512
sectors/track: 98
tracks/cylinder: 1
sectors/cylinder: 98
cylinders: 2097
rpm: 0
interleave: 0
trackskew: 0
cylinderskew: 0
headswitch: 0           # milliseconds
track-to-track seek: 0  # milliseconds
drivedata: 0

9 partitions:
#        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize   cpg]
  a:    20678   184828    4.2BSD     1024  8192     0   # (Cyl. 1886 - 2096)
  c:   205561        0    unused        0     0         # (Cyl.    0 - 2097*)
  g:   102508    82222    4.2BSD     1024  8192     0   # (Cyl.  839 - 1884)
  i:    82026      196      ADOS                        # (Cyl.    2 - 838)
Warning, revolutions/minute 0

boot block size 0
super block size 0
partition a: partition extends past end of unit
partition c: partition extends past end of unit

in /dev I have the following entry:

brw-r-----  1 root  operator    4,  48 Mar  7 13:30 /dev/sd5i

When I try to mount that partition like Niklas descrives it in the
README of his package I get the following error:

bash# mount -t adosfs -o ro /dev/sd5i /ados
mount: Device busy

Can anyone please help with any of this?

Thanks a lot.

Arthur.

					Arthur Hoffmann
					hoffmann@nutmeg.ntu.edu.au