Subject: Re: No "amiga" define in default compiler...
To: None <rhealey@aggregate.com>
From: Chris Hopps <chopps@emunix.emich.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/09/1994 16:27:12

> > The default compiler built from the sun-lamp sources
> > does not define "amiga". Can/Should this be fixed?
> >
> 	I talked about this with Chris Hopps and he said, and I agreed
> 	with him, the answer to this question is no. Any code that
> 	NEEDS to know it's on an Amiga should put a special if case in
> 	the Makefile, see Makefile in libkvm for details.

exatcly.

> 	NetBSD should be the same across all m68k machines, the only
> 	places that amiga should be defined are in kernel related
> 	issues and with the exception of libkvm and the disklabel stuff they
> 	should be under sys/arch/amiga. Hopefully the other m68k ports will
> 	adopt the cpu040 variable in their kernels and we can
> 	drop the special case in libkvm soon.

Actually we will hopefully be removing this variable in the future,
the hp300 code (not released yet) handles the 040 issues in the pmap
interface.  All the other ports are waiting on this code to be released.

I sent some of the code to Michael Hitch and given time and more info
he may be able to do this before the hp300 stuff but if not it can wait.

> 		-Rob

Chris.