Subject: Re: Sup releases
To: None <chopps@emunix.emich.edu, rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/09/1994 16:29:34
chopps@emunix.emich.edu (Chris Hopps) wrote:

> > Furthermore, I have some weird problems with gcc 2.5.8, that may be
> > because I cheated a bit with the shared libs. gcc wants libc.so.1.1,
> > but since I only have version 4.0, I make a symlink from the one to the
>
> You get libc.so.1.1 or start using the gcc distributed with sun-lamp
> sources (2.4.5).  The libs changed significantly from 1.1 to 4.0 (I
> think the major change was from 3.0 to 4.0) The current ld.so will
> work with older libs however I am not sure what the side effects of
> mixing like this would be, protentially bad.

I got libc.so.1.1, and unfortunately it didn't make any difference
whatsoever. (My ld.so is from the 9402xx dist plus '040 patches).  (The
problem was that cc1 loops somewhere in, among other files,
kern_physio.c without producing any output)

I got around it by doing only the .i -> .s phase under AmigaOS using
gcc 2.5.7 (I think I'll delay installing 2.5.8 for a while). (I'd have
done .c->.s under AmigaOS but bsdmake != gnumake, and both bffs and
ixemul trying to translate .. and / does not give satisfactory
results).

Anyway, I got a working kernel, apart from what somebody else already
mentioned, the PAL non-interlace screen mode does not work, but
pal-interlace does.

Btw, anybody working on ECS modes like DblPal? If not, I might try
something, except that I've never ever written a copperlist in my life.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert       D787B44DFC896063 4CBB95A5BD1DAA96
\X/ There are no lemurs in this post	      rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl