Subject: Re: Sup releases
To: None <chopps@emunix.emich.edu, dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/08/1994 10:57:21
Somebody asked:

chopps@emunix.emich.edu (Chris Hopps) wrote:
> # This is the main source for bins and kernels.
> current release=src
> current release=ksrc-common
> current release=ksrc-amiga

ksrc-amiga is not complete at the moment. At least, it is missing a few
m68k files in /usr/src/sys/lib/libkern/m68k: bcmp.S, and the like.
(All files that should be there are mentioned in the file Makefile.inc
in that dir). Also the makefile in libkern references the libc
directory which is not included (it needs DEFS.h).

Also, there is a typo in /usr/src/sys/arch/amiga/sci.c: there is one
occurrence of SUPRASCI instead of SUPRASCSI.

Furthermore, I have some weird problems with gcc 2.5.8, that may be
because I cheated a bit with the shared libs. gcc wants libc.so.1.1,
but since I only have version 4.0, I make a symlink from the one to the
other, which seemed to work. However (this may or may not be related to
that) gcc 2.5.8 now won't compile some files: it just eats cpu but
produces no output. The first of these is sys/kern/kern_physio.c,
(taken from sun-lamp 940307, file date Jan 27) and I've been able to
narrow down the problem to one subexpression.  (in physio(): (rw ==
B_READ) ? B_WRITE : B_READ ... change the rw into a constant and it
compiles)

Now before I go and send in bug reports to the gnu people, I'll try
to get hold of the real libc.so.1.1 and see if that makes a difference.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert       D787B44DFC896063 4CBB95A5BD1DAA96
\X/ There are no lemurs in this post	      rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl