Subject: Re: NetBSD questions/problems
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/07/1994 19:31:48
On Mar  7, 12:16pm, Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
> First of all, does the ld.so, as distributed in the last binary
> distribution (the one dated with 0219), contain the patches for using it on
> the '040?

  The ld.so in the last binary distribution doesn't include the '040 fixes.

> After installing that version and copying the right libs to the /usr/lib
> dir I get loads of trapsignals, and nothing using shared libraries works
> anymore. This looks very much like the problems I had several months ago,
> which turned out to be due to the then current ld.so not flushing the
> caches on the '040 when it should. Either Markus Wild or Michael Hitch
> should know the details for fixing.

  It looks like the same patches I posted should still work.  The
location I stuck the extra code into isn't used, and the locations I
patched in the code haven't changed.

> Thirdly, the binpatch-array util as it can be found on ftp.eunet.ch doesn't
> work quite 100% on my system. It prints out the right values contained in
> binpatchable locations, but when I use the -r option to actually replace
> values it doesn't do anything it all. All values remain the same. I have no
> idea what causes this. Some kind of '040 + 3.0 problem?

  I just looked at the source for binpatch again, and if you use the -r
option with a symbolic location (-s _symbol), it won't do the
replacement.  If patching by addresses (-a address), the -r option works
fine.

> However, to add some positive notes :) to my message, several things have
> become better. Reboot now cleanly reboots my A4000/040 into AmigaOS. This,

  That's nice to know my fix also works on the A4000.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu
Computer Consultant			BITNET:  OSYMH@MTSUNIX1.BITNET