Subject: Re: A2232 driver
To: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
From: Zik Saleeba <zik@aurora.cc.monash.edu.au>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/07/1994 09:27:50
You said:

> Is anyone working on an A2232 serial driver?

I did one three months ago and have been using it heavily ever
since. It works pretty well though it's missing some functionality I
don't need like software flow control. This shouldn't be impossible to
hack in if you're into device driver coding :-)

The main problem is that the part of the code which is downloaded to
the board and runs on the 65C02 is ripped straight from Amiga UNIX,
and hence covered by copyright. The rest of the code is mine, and
covered only by BSD copyright. I've been meaning to rewrite the 65C02
code sometime but given that it already works fine for me I'm unlikely
to ever get around to it...

I wonder what Commodore's feelings on the copyright of that code would
be these days?

|      zik@zikzak.apana.org.au      | "By `recursion' I mean: |
|     zik@bruce.cs.monash.edu.au    |  `defined by recursion' |
|            Zik Saleeba            |             - Sachs     |