use genfb on amd64 with X11?

Any pointers on trying genfb with pkgsrc modular X.org?

I assume pkgsrc/x11/xf86-video-wsfb will work with it.

I am using 5,0_RC3 but dmesg and config -x /netbsd doesn't show genfb and
wsdisplay is only on vga.

Also I don't see any genfb module. I can build a new RC4 kernel, but
before I do ... and hints if this xf86-video-wsfb will even work with
wsdisplay on genfb?

I am asking since I notice it is not in default amd64 kernel.

(I have used wsfb a lot before but on different system using vesafb from
NetBSD a couple years ago.)

  Jeremy C. Reed

p.s. my main problem is that X on my new laptop with Mobile Intel GM45
Express Chipset crashes several times per week. It is quite frustrating
(and must be rebooted because X can't restart when it happens). Even used
vesa instead but that crashes too. Also newer xf86-video-intel driver
doesn't start. And mouse is often missing or shows some lines instead of a
pointer. I reported some problems to Intel via freedesktop.org bug
tracker. I am hoping using generic framebuffer may help.