Subject: Radeon DRI
To: None <tech-x11@NetBSD.org>
From: Jared D.McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: tech-x11
Date: 03/22/2007 11:40:13
Heyas folks --

The Radeon DRI code in -current should work now for some of you. I
tested this on i386 MULTIPROCESSOR with a Radeon 9800 Pro and modular-
xorg-server-1.2.0nb1.

I haven't been able to test COMPAT_LINUX yet, as the suse100_glx
package doesn't contain an r300_dri driver. I also haven't been able
to get AIGLX to work, but xcompmgr and glxgears are both very stable
for me. No XvMC support yet, but it looks like some of the newer DRI
code might have support for this if someone is brave enough to try
and merge it :)

If you have any issues with the X server hanging (with hw.dri.debug=1
you see messages about radeon_do_idle_cp returning 16), this is
apparently a known issue. The workaround is to add the following to
the Device section of xorg.conf:

	Option	"BusType" "PCI"

I'd love to hear reports from others on whether or not this works on
your specific radeon/chipset/cpu combination.

Cheers,
Jared