GSoC project: Lua bindings for puffs

Hi everyone,

I'd like to work on a Google Summer of Code project for NetBSD this
year.  After learning that NetBSD includes Lua in the base system, I
thought that writing Lua bindings for more of NetBSD's features would be
a good project, and that puffs would be a good place to start. This
would let developers write prototype filesystem implementations in a
high level language, which might help with other projects like
implementing ext4 or xfs.

To demonstrate the viability of the project and produce a practical
deliverable, I also plan to implement SquashFS using these bindings.
Because there already exists a FUSE implementation of SquashFS in C, the
Lua implementation could be compared with both the FUSE implementation
and the Linux kernel implementation.

Since this isn't a project listed on the wiki, I wasn't sure who I
should get in touch with. Would I be right to assume that tech-userlevel
is the right place for discussing this?

I have a draft project proposal available at:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yiEcoVtkyn7iKgOFThtifMmIXEKfGbMbOxDmGVptWdo/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you for your time.

~ James Cave