Re: inetd(8): security considerations

> [...], putting the file only under root writability is a safety
> precaution too (against one's own blunders).

> There are pros and cons either way---meaning that, you are right, it
> has to be configurable; remains the question of: what should be the
> default?  Strict or not?

Hmm.  For NetBSD's purposes, I think I would default to strict.  The
default should be appropriate for naïve admins, and that's the strict
form.  The less naïve admins can check the manpage and add a flag, or
add a declaration before including, or whatever it is, to support
whatever config they want.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign