Re: web inherits UNIX console?

On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 21:58:11 -0400 (EDT)
Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost> wrote:

> The flip side of interactivity is unscriptability - another deviation
> from a very important piece of Unix philosophy.
>
> I wouldn't say the power is greater than a traditional command-line.
> I'd say it's _different_: greater for some kinds of tasks, worse for
> others.

I think that I agree with this; however I don't think that the proposed
interface is meant as a full replacement for CLI+tty, but as a kind of
alternative desktop environment (which perhaps could eventually even
compete against some of the popular more traditional ones).  But only
dyoung could confirm this, I'm merely assuming...
--
Matt