Re: Making powerd=YES default

   Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 15:52:21 +0200
   From: Marc Balmer <mbalmer%NetBSD.org@localhost>

   My opinion is:  It should *not* be enabled by default, but rather during
   system install time, i.e. in sysinst, towards the end of the
   installation, the user should be asked a few questions:

   - Do you want to run powerd by default?
   - Do you want to run sshd by default?
   - etc.

Please don't do this.  Sysinst should ask fewer questions, not more
questions.  We already have afterboot(8) for these.  The only
questions sysinst should ask are those without whose answers the
system cannot boot.

Interactive questions in installers carry a tremendous burden: you
probably haven't thought about them until the moment the installer
asks them, you can't make progress or explore on your own without
answering them, and once you answer them -- or defer answering them,
if you can -- it's not clear what effects your answers had or how to
revisit the answers.