Re: SoC: Improve syslogd

Rainer Gerhards schrieb:
I'd like to hear your thought on the unfinished state of syslog-
transport-tls: how do you intend to deal with it?

Currently I just hope the draft is agreed upon and moves towards RFC status in the next three months. My final commit will be in August. The status of transport-tls at that time will have to decide what happens then; in the worst case (still in draft status, open problems) the commit into NetBSD will have to wait. I guess once the draft gets into the RFC editor queue then it will be ok to commit an implementation to NetBSD-current.

With my rsyslog
project, I finally needed to complete TLS support and will release a
first version next monday. However, as -transport-tls is not finished

I guess you cannot do more than document it as experimental and tell your users not to rely on current behaviour.

--
Martin