Subject: RE: GPT guids
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: De Zeurkous <zeurkous@nichten.info>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/19/2007 17:27:22
Haai,

On Wed, December 19, 2007 17:18, der Mouse wrote:
>> Let's just keep it simple.
>
> To me, the recursive way _is_ the simple way.  Why should a piece of
> disk found through a partition table be any different from a piece of
> disk that happens to be an entire hardware spindle?

Needless to say, I completely agree. It's not 'everything is a file,
except for disk partitions'. We've had enough of that crap with inet
sockets, bus- and other layering devices, X Windows, and misc other
mal{designed,implemented} stuff already. No need to make classic mistakes
/again/.

Baai,

De Zeurkous

Friggin' Machines!