Subject: Re: pcc (was Re: csup and base)
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.ltu.se>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/09/2007 19:18:37

> Based on http://pcc.ludd.ltu.se/supported-platforms/, it appears
> nothing but powerpc is supported yet.  This is not terribly useful to
> me; I have a macppc machine, but I don't use it much.

Hm, as I can see a bunch of more platforms are supported... :-)

> I should get hold of Ragge and find out what it'd take for me to add
> sparc support....

Not much, assuming that you know the hardware well enough.

Take a platform you know, copy the 6 target-dependent files
and change their contents to something that makes sense for
sparc.  Most instructions are defined in table.c.

Unfortunately the Sun code for pcc is not available, otherwise
the port would already have been done :-)

If you're interested in putting some efforts into this, contact
me off-list and I can give you more detailed instructions.
I assume that you will have a running compiler in a few days.

-- Ragge