Subject: localpkg (WAS: Re: named before mountcritical in netbsd-3 rcorder(8)
To: Jukka Salmi <j+nbsd@2006.salmi.ch>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 05/25/2006 17:28:32
On Thu, 25 May 2006, Jukka Salmi wrote:

> Brian A. Seklecki --> tech-userlevel (2006-05-25 13:54:31 -0400):
>>
>> Generally, if the primary purpose of the system is as a DNS server you'll
>> be using ISC BIND out of Pkgsrc, but in the event that you're not, our

> Why not adding the file system containing the named chrootdir to
> `critical_filesystems_local'? IMHO that's the correct solution...

Good call.  I'm still trying to figure out what file systems flagged not
flagged "noauto" would not be mounted before named(8) starts.  Maybe
nullfs_, mfs, union etc.

Is the idea here that some systems use the local named(8) to do local DNS
resolution before starting services like NFS?

Also, is there a reason we don't have a rc.d/localpkg ?

~BAS