Subject: Re: PAM and su -K
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/22/2005 15:37:32
[Thus spake Jason Thorpe ("JT: ") 2:04pm...]

JT: Personally, I would like to see us do away with this statically-linked
JT: binary nonsense altogether.

You can do that on your box.  I happen to like systems that don't
have quite so many single points of failure.  If you wish to address
things and call them "nonsense", I point you to /lib, a dynamically linked
/sbin/init, and the whole notion of /rescue even being necessary.

I'm not against what you want to do for yourself, but please don't cut
my rope for me.

				--*greywolf;
--
# "Operator Precedence is that which causes statements such as *foo->bar to
# work properly.  It is also that which causes statements such as *foo->bar